How much do you know about the abortion pill (also sometimes called “medication” or “medical” abortion)?
Maybe you’re considering taking the abortion pill, or maybe you just want to know more about it and how it works. There’s a lot of information about abortion out there (including some very scary misinformation!). At carafem, we believe knowledge is power. We also value your time — so we’re going to keep this as quick, simple, and factual as possible.
Ready? Here is Abortion Pill 101:
- The abortion pill ends a pregnancy using two different drugs – mifepristone and misoprostol.
- The abortion actually takes place while you are in the comfort of your own home – no waiting in the clinic for hours, and no heavy painkillers or invasive surgery required.
- You can choose the abortion pill if you have been pregnant for 11 weeks or less. This calculator can help you figure out if the abortion pill is an option for you.
- The abortion pill is extremely safe and effective!
- Everyone recovers differently after taking the abortion pill, but most people feel back to normal the next day.
- You can get pregnant within two weeks of taking the abortion pill, so you’ll want to start thinking about what birth control you might want to use. carafem offers six different methods of contraception, and we would be happy to help get you started on one.
Our FAQ page has even more information if you want to learn more about the abortion pill.
Still deciding if abortion in the right choice for you? There are lots of resources out there to help you through every step of the process.
And, as always, you can give us a call, day or night. Just call 1-855-729-2272 to chat with us or make an appointment.