carafem is hiring a paid intern in Washington, D.C.! Help us build awareness of our high-quality abortion care and birth control services while reducing stigma nationwide. Here’s the full job description:
Job Title: Outreach and Communications Intern
Reports To: Social Media and Outreach Coordinator
Location: Washington, D.C.
About carafem: We are changing the environment of abortion care by making our services and information accessible, understandable, and supportive.
Along with providing early-term, compassionate abortion care, we counsel on and provide a variety of birth control methods, and provide STI screening. We are unapologetic in the services we provide, and believe that high-quality, personal, and non-judgmental reproductive healthcare is the right of every human being. For more information, visit http://www.carafem.org/.
Goals: The Outreach Intern will help build awareness of carafem and relationships with strategic partners and other health care providers in the DC metro area.
- Assist in developing a partnership list of university health centers, student groups, physicians and local community health organizations
- Make outreach phone calls and material drop-offs to introduce carafem to community members and providers
- Prepare and organize materials for dropping off at offices
- Enter and keep contact records up-to-date in database
- Represent carafem at local events
- Additional research and other tasks aligned with internship goal as needed
Schedule: 5-10 hours per week through end of fall semester with possibility to extend in spring semester
Pay: Hourly pay of $13.50, to be invoiced and paid monthly.
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected] by September 30, 2018.