Georgia Legal Updates
The Georgia Legislature and Governor Brian Kemp have banned abortion beginning very early in pregnancy. Abortions are still legal and available up to approximately 6 weeks of pregnancy. We can help you determine if you are able to have an abortion in Georgia under this new law. We encourage you to schedule your appointment as early as possible. We can help you seek financial assistance for your care.
In our centers, we deliver high-quality, specialized care that is safe, supportive, and convenient. With a new model of early term abortion care, clients who come into our centers can find relief, strength, and confidence.
Set up an appointment using the button below, or call us any time at (855)-SAY-CARA and we’ll work with you to find a convenient appointment time!
- Caring, non-judgmental abortion care up to a detectible embryonic or fetal cardiac activity, which typically starts around 6 weeks after a person’s last menstrual period; offering the abortion pill as well as an in-office procedure.
- A typical appointment lasts about 1 hour or less.
- Birth control counseling and provision: we offer condoms, birth control pills, injectables, same day appointments for implants, same day appointments IUDs, reduced cost emergency contraception.
- STI testing (chlamydia & gonorrhea)
- Abortion follow up care
- Please do not bring guests or children with you to your appointment. For the protection of our clients and staff, we have had to limit the number of people invited into our offices.
- All visitors to a carafem health center must wear a face covering. A face covering can be any covering which, snuggly covers the entire nose and mouth without gaps.
- We also ask that if you are ill or have a fever, that you reschedule your appointment until a later time.
Cost and Insurance
- Abortion cost: $475 for the abortion pill, $550 for the in-office procedure. Click here for more info about what is included in your appointment.
- Most insurance is accepted — give us a call for coverage information
Abortion care should be accessible to all who want it — cost should never be a reason you can’t get an abortion with carafem. We partner with abortion funds to offer financial assistance to those who qualify, and accept health insurance for in-person appointments.
For Georgians seeking abortion care in state or out of state, you may be eligible for financial assistance based on your income. Financial assistance may cover all or a portion of your abortion care. If you are concerned about being able to pay for your abortion appointment with carafem, please visit this page or call us at 855-729-2272, and we will work with you to ensure you receive the compassionate, high-quality abortion care you deserve.
- Get off at Buckhead station
- Board the correct bus (based on schedule as it changes frequently)
- Get off at stop Peachtree Rd NW @ Palisades Rd
- Walk about a block south and the building is on the right (Macquarium building)