In our centers, we deliver high-quality, specialized care that is safe, supportive, and convenient. With a new model of early term abortion care, clients who come into our centers can find relief, strength, and confidence.
Set up an appointment using the button below, or call us any time at (855)-SAY-CARA and we’ll work with you to find a convenient appointment time!
- Caring, non-judgmental abortion care to 13 weeks; offering the abortion pill as well as the carafem procedure.
- A typical appointment lasts about 1 hour or less.
- Birth control counseling and provision: we offer condoms, birth control pills, injectables, same day appointments for implants, same day appointments IUDs, reduced cost emergency contraception
- STI testing (chlamydia & gonorrhea)
- Please do not bring guests or children with you to your appointment. For the protection of our clients and staff, we have had to limit the number of people invited into our offices.
- All visitors to a carafem health center must wear a face covering. A face covering can be any covering which, snuggly covers the entire nose and mouth without gaps.
- We also ask that if you are ill or have a fever, that you reschedule your appointment until a later time.
Cost and Insurance
- Illinois residents with active Medicaid can receive abortion care for free, at no charge
- Most insurance is accepted — give us a call for coverage information
- For those without insurance or Medicaid, abortion costs are $475 (out of pocket) for the abortion pill or $550 (out of pocket) for the carafem procedure. Click here for more info about what is included in your appointment
- For out-of-state residents, we offer a $50 discount for those with Medicaid from states other than Illinois. To find out more, call us at (877) 828-8915
Driving: From the south, take 94 to exit 37B (Dempster St). Take a left at Gross Point, a left on Skokie Blvd, and a right on Golf Road. The health center will be on your right. From the north, take 94 to exit 35 (Old Orchard Rd). Turn left on Old Orchard, right on Skokie, and a left on Golf Rd. The health center is located in Tower 1 (tower closest to Golf Road), called the Concourse Office Plaza. carafem is located in Suite 920.
Transit: Skokie Health center is located at South Golf Road and Knox. From Chicago, the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) Purple line will take you to Davis Purple line station, then you can take bus 208 West to Golf Road and Knox. You can also take Metra Up-N train to Kenosha till Davis Street/ Evanston and take CTA bus 208 West at Davis and Maple. The health center is located in Tower 1 (tower closest to Golf Road), called the Concourse Office Plaza. carafem is located in Suite 920.
Air: Less than 15 miles from the Chicago O’Hare International Airport. Take I-190E to 294 N. Take exit 44A to merge onto US-14 E / E Dempster St. Follow Harlem Ave and Golf Rd to the Concourse Office Plaza. carafem is located in Tower 1 (closest to Golf Road) in Suite 920.
At Home Abortion Pills
carafem provides at home abortion pills via secure video consultation and discreet mailing in Illinois, along with these other states. We’ve offered safe, medically-supported access to the abortion pill to hundreds of people who are not in the immediate area of one of our locations. The cost is a bit lower than an in-center appointment ranging from $250-375.
Schedule a Video Visit ›