In our centers, we deliver high-quality, specialized care that is safe, supportive, and convenient. With a new model of early term abortion care, clients who come into our centers can find relief, strength, and confidence. Click here to step inside our Chicago metro location to see for yourself what the carafem experience looks like.
Schedule online or call us any time at (855)-SAY-CARA and we’ll work with you to find a convenient appointment time!
- Caring, non-judgmental abortion care up to 13 weeks; offering the abortion pill as well as the carafem procedure.
- A typical appointment lasts about 1 hour or less.
- Birth control counseling and provision: we offer condoms, birth control pills, injectables, same day appointments for implants, same day appointments IUDs, reduced cost emergency contraception
- STI testing (chlamydia & gonorrhea)
- Interested in receiving abortion medication through the mail? carafem is participating in the TelAbortion study and if you have an address in Illinois where you can receive mail, you may qualify. Click here to review the criteria and contact us.
Cost, Insurance, & Medicaid
- Abortion cost: $475 (out of pocket) for the abortion pill, $550 (out of pocket) for the carafem procedure. Click here for more info about what is included in your appointment
- Most insurance is accepted — give us a call for coverage information
- Illinois residents with active Medicaid can receive abortion care at no charge
- For out-of-state residents, we offer a $50 discount for those with Medicaid from states other than Illinois. To find out more, call us at (877) 828-8915
Hear what others have to say about carafem: read reviews and experiences.
Location and Directions: Find us at our North Shore location in Chicago. Free parking is available.
Driving: From the south, take 94 to exit 37B (Dempster St). Take a left at Gross Point, a left on Skokie Blvd, and a right on Golf Road. The health center will be on your right. From the north, take 94 to exit 35 (Old Orchard Rd). Turn left on Old Orchard, right on Skokie, and a left on Golf Rd. The health center is located in Tower 1 (tower closest to Golf Road), called the Concourse Office Plaza. carafem is located in Suite 920.
Transit: Skokie Health center is located at South Golf Road and Knox. From Chicago, the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) Purple line will take you to Davis Purple line station, then you can take bus 208 West to Golf Road and Knox. You can also take Metra Up-N train to Kenosha till Davis Street/ Evanston and take CTA bus 208 West at Davis and Maple. The health center is located in Tower 1 (tower closest to Golf Road), called the Concourse Office Plaza. carafem is located in Suite 920.