In our centers, we deliver high-quality, specialized care that is safe, supportive, and convenient. With a new model of early term abortion care, clients who come into our centers can find relief, strength, and confidence. Click here to step inside our DC metro location to see for yourself what the carafem experience looks like.
Or call us any time at (855)-SAY-CARA and we’ll work with you to find a convenient appointment time!
- Caring, non-judgmental abortion care up to 13 weeks; offering the abortion pill as well as the carafem procedure.
- A typical appointment lasts about 1 hour or less
- Birth control counseling and provision: condoms, birth control pills, injectables, same day implants, same day IUDs, reduced cost emergency contraception
- STI testing (chlamydia & gonorrhea)
Cost, Insurance, & Medicaid
- Abortion cost: $450 (out of pocket) for the abortion pill, $550 (out of pocket) for the carafem procedure. Click here for more info about what is included in your appointment
- Most insurance is accepted — give us a call for coverage information
- Maryland Medicaid is accepted for abortion — we offer a $50 discount for clients who have a current out-of-state Medicaid card. To find out more, call us at (855)-SAY-CARA.
Need to get to our health center? Get directions to the D.C. carafem Health Center here.
Our DC Metro center is located 3 blocks away from the Friendship Heights metro station on the red line, and is also conveniently located near several bus lines such as the 1, 11, 31, 32, 36, 37, E2, E4, and N4.