Welcome Physicians and Community Partners
We welcome your referrals and ensure your patients will receive the utmost support, respect, and quality medical care at carafem. We know that half of all pregnancies are unintended and that about 30% of these women will seek an abortion.
carafem offers convenient, affordable services focusing on early term abortion and birth control. We utilize research and technology to provide abortion services that offer greater convenience, enhanced medical professionalism, and personalized comfort. carafem provides clear, accurate, client-focused information and the latest advances in medical care in a comforting, high quality setting.
There are three reasons why a new model of abortion care is needed:
- to compensate for the decline in the number of abortion providers
- to increase the ease of access to abortion services
- to improve the abortion experience for women
This is what makes us different:
- We specialize in first trimester abortions. This means that our staff are experts at providing the abortion pill and Manual Uterine Aspiration (or, as we like to call it, the carafem procedure)
- Affordable out of pocket cost for all-inclusive abortion visit (including pregnancy testing and Rhogam if Rh negative). The carafem procedure costs $550; please see our locations page for specific pricing information about the abortion pill.
- Flexible appointments to accommodate your client’s schedule: open on nights and weekends
- Shorter appointment times (usually 60 minutes) with one on one time with the clinician
- 24/7 availability by telephone in English and Spanish
- Small, de-medicalized centers designed for privacy
- Clear, medically accurate information in language that is easy to understand
- Access to a full range of contraceptive options
For more information about carafem, sign up here.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to:
- Request more carafem materials for your patients.
- Speak with someone about how carafem will help provide care for your patients facing an unintended pregnancy.
- Request a visit to one of our health centers
- Request training for your staff about abortion options/counseling your patients
FemHealth was established in 2013 as a 501c3 non-profit social enterprise to deliver early, safe abortion services and family planning products in the USA and to take advantage of new efficiencies, new technology, and new approaches in the delivery of care.
FemHealth’s public face is that of “carafem,” health centers that provide early, safe abortion care.
carafem’s Medical Advisor Committee consists of a team of physicians who are experts at reproductive health care. If you or someone you know who would be interested in being an advisor for carafem, please contact us at email@example.com.
For Your Patients
We offer many resources for you and your patients:
- Options education
- Aboriton services
- Birth control
- STI testing
We are happy to connect with you and provide you with information and other services to assist you with integrating information about abortion and birth control in your practice: training, brochures, leaflets, info sheets, etc.
Our online resources such as our eligibility calculator, FAQs, and shareable and understandable infographics, blog posts, etc. We would also be happy to meet with you to discuss our services further, or even guide your office staff through abortion referral training.
To view carafem’s results, please click here.
carafem’s medical staff has years of experience in academic and medical institutions, and we value cutting edge, evidence-based medicine to improve the experience of our clients. Some exciting research is happening in the abortion field and we are pleased to share some of these developments:
Efficacy and safety of medical abortion using mifepristone and buccal misoprostol through 63 days
Contraception; January 14, 2015
Can women determine the success of early medical termination of pregnancy themselves?
Contraception; September 18, 2014
Simplified medical abortion using a semi-quantititative pregnancy test for home-based follow-up
International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics; January 23, 2013
Alternatives to routine ultrasound for eligibility assessment prior to early termination of pregnancy with mifepristone-misoprostol
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology; November 23, 2010