In our centers, we deliver high-quality, specialized care that is safe, supportive, and convenient. With a new model of early term abortion care, clients who come into our centers can find relief, strength, and confidence.
Set up an appointment using the button below, or call us any time at (855)-SAY-CARA. We’ll work with you to find a convenient appointment time.
- Caring, non-judgmental abortion care to 13 weeks; offering the abortion pill as well as the carafem procedure. For at home abortion pills via secure video visit, please see more information below.
- A typical appointment lasts about 1 hour or less.
- Birth control counseling and provision: we offer condoms, birth control pills, injectables, same-day appointments for implants, same-day appointments IUDs, reduced cost emergency contraception
- STI testing (chlamydia & gonorrhea)
- Please do not bring guests or children with you to your appointment. For the protection of our clients and staff, we have had to limit the number of people invited into our offices.
- All visitors to a carafem health center must wear a face covering. A face covering can be any covering which, snuggly covers the entire nose and mouth without gaps.
- We also ask that if you are ill or have a fever, that you reschedule your appointment until a later time.
Cost and Insurance
- Abortion cost: $450 (out of pocket) for the abortion pill, $550 (out of pocket) for the carafem procedure. Click here for more info about what is included in your appointment
- Most insurance is accepted — give us a call for coverage information
- Maryland residents with active Medicaid can receive abortion care at no charge
- For out-of-state residents, we offer a $50 discount for those with Medicaid from states other than Maryland. To find out more, call us at (877) 828-8915
Our DC Metro center is located 3 blocks away from the Friendship Heights metro station on the red line, and is also conveniently located near several bus lines such as the 1, 11, 31, 32, 36, 37, E2, E4, and N4.
At Home Abortion Pills
carafem offers at home abortion pills via secure video consultation and discreet mailing in Maryland, DC, and Virginia, along with these additional states. We’ve offered safe, medically-supported access to the abortion pill to hundreds of people who are not in the immediate area of one of our locations. The cost is a bit lower than an in-center appointment ranging from $250-375.
Learn More and Schedule a Video Visit ›